PADILLA DESIGNS STUDIO
The energetic Padilla Designs studio in Central Maui is always buzzing with newly sparked projects and custom commissions.
more about us:
Creating Decorative & Functional Sculpture with Only the Best Materials
At our full-service design studio in Central Maui, our specialty fabrication techniques allow us to use a wide variety of tools, equipment and machinery. We have traditional tools of the trade, in addition to an arsenal of high tech and automated equipment that makes production a lot more efficient (and a lot more fun!)
We stockpile high quality, lasting raw materials in all shapes and sizes, including: copper, brass, bronze, stainless steel, aluminum, cor-ten steel, a variety of high-end hardwoods, and plastics.
Fabrication & Finishing Processes
- Brazing, heating, forming, rolling and pounding.
- CNC Plasma and water jet cutting.
- Power Hammer and metal texturizing.
- Creating living Patina finishes by applying a variety of acids that create reactions with the material and produce variety of organic shades and colors: bronze, verdigris, and blues, being the foundations.
- Clear coating and sealing all living patina finishes to preserve the finish and allow the patina process to continue in a subtle natural way.
- Industrial Sandblasting and Powder Coating on steel, stainless steel and aluminum fabrications.